- Install Ripple extension in Chrome
- Start the Google Chrome browser with its access to local file system by executing
- Then Right click on the Ripple symbol and say Manage Google Extensions, on the next screen check
Allow access to file URLscheck box
- Now open index.html from the phoneGap application using file URL and enable Ripple for it
- Now you can test the geolocation application like this. With Ripple advantage is you can directly open the HTML in browser and then set geolocation directly using Ripple
Using ripple mobile browser emulator for testing PhoneGap
One of the biggest pain point for testing PhoneGap application is deploying it on emulator and testing it, that process takes long time. So i started using the Ripple which is Google Chrome extension and it makes testing PhoneGap application really easy.