- Start the WebSphere Application Server Toolkit. And once it is started switch to Logging and Performance perspective.
- Right in the Log Navigator perspective and click on Import. In the Import dialog select Profiling and Logging -< Log Files
- Click Next, on the next Import Log Files dialog click on Add button to get Add Log File dialog like this
- On this dialog select type of log as IBM -< WebSphere Application Server -< IBM WebSphere Application Server System Out. In the details section select location of the SystemOut.log file as well as the rules that you want to apply
- The Log analyzer tool will take couple of minutes to parse the log file and finally it will show a screen like this. As you can see it marked the error messages in red and warning messages in yellow
- You can get more information about each of the message by right clicking on message and executing Analyze -> Run. It will take the message identifier for the message and try and find more information in the Symptomps database. And display that information about detail message, possible recommendation,.. on the next screen.
View JVM Logs using Log Analyzer
You can view JVM Logs in Log Analyzer tool, which is part of WebSphere Application Server Toolkit. The Log analyzer will format and display the log in easy to read format.