Important: If the new portal installation uses the same DBMS as the earlier portal, you must use the same database driver to connect to the copy of the earlier portal's JCR database domain. For example, if you configured the new portal's release domain to use DB2 with a DB2 Type 4 driver, and the earlier portal's JCR database domain also uses DB2, you must use a DB2 Type 4 driver to connect to the copy of the earlier portal's JCR database domain. If the new portal uses Oracle for the release domain and the earlier portal's JCR database domain uses a different DBMS such as DB2, you do not need to use the same database driver to connect to the copy of the earlier portal's JCR domain.
Follow these steps for migrating data
- Create a separate copy of the earlier WebSphere Portal JCR domain.
- On the new portal, locate and update the properties files listed below to reflect a connection to the JCR domain copy that you created in the previous step:
Note: The value of the parameter jcr.DbSchema in the wkplc_comp.properties file must be specified in uppercase (for example, jcr.DbSchema=JCR).
- Change to the wp_profile_root/ConfigEngine directory, and then enter the following commands to validate the configuration properties:
ConfigEngine.bat validate-database-driver -DTransferDomainList=jcr
ConfigEngine.bat validate-database-connection -DTransferDomainList=jcr
- Stop the WebSphere_Portal server.
- Connect WebSphere Portal Version 6.1 to the copy of the earlier JCR domain:
Note: The portal-post-upgrade task uses database catalog functions during execution. These catalog functions need to be correctly bound to the database for the portal-post-upgrade task to work. Refer to the documentation for your DBMS to determine how to do this.
- If you used IBM Lotus Web Content Management in the earlier portal, delete any V6.0.1.x syndicators or subscribers that were copied with the JCR database domain. See Setting up a syndication relationship.
- If you are migrating Web Content Management you must also run the following task:
- Verify that the new portal server starts.