- Distinguished names are unique among all registries in a realm. For example, if
uid=wpsadmin,o=yourco exists in LDAP1, it must not exist in LDAP2, LDAP3, or DB1
- Short names are unique among all registries in a realm. For example, if wpsadmin is
used in LDAP1, it must not be used in LDAP2, LDAP3, or DB1.
- Base distinguished names for registries in a realm do not overlap. For example, if LDAP1 is c=us,o=yourco, LDAP2 must not be o=yourco.
- Base entries are not blank for any registries in a realm.
- Users exist in the user registry, not in the property extension configuration.
Limitation for creating realm from multiple sources
You can create a realm to include multiple data sources such as more than one LDAP server or combination of LDAP and database server. Before combining multiple user registries, review the registries for limitations and correct any issues.