These are the advantages of using Lotus One ui
- vision issues - it is developed to work well in screen readers, for adjusting text sizes, and to work in high contrast mode.
- keyboard accessibility - where we have hover effects, we also provide focus effects or equivalent facilitation.
- The code base is themeable. Customers can easily modify colors and background images using industry standard CSS techniques.
- Products ship CSS and images used for theming separate from other CSS so it is easier to find the files that apply the theme.
- IBM's product user interfaces are usually localized to multiple languages. We keep our components fluid so they can handle varying-sized text strings.
- The code is tested in right-to-left languages. Making our UI work correctly in right-to-left languages sometimes influences how we code our HTML components (browser support of bi-directionality can be buggy).
- The code base is tested for stability, accessibility, and bi-directionality in multiple browsers. Rendering of the UI across browsers is not always pixel-perfect, but the goal is for it to be as identical as is possible.