Providing Producer Portlet
Please follow these steps to provider a portlet as WSRP service
- Login into the producer portal and Go to Portal Administration console
- Go to Portlet Management -> Portlet page. Now In the Manage Portlets portlet, select the portlet that you want to provide as WSRP service and click on the provide button of that portlet. Once you do that your portlet will be available as WSRP service from other portals
Consuming WSRP portlet
On the consumer portal server you will have to do two things first connect to the WSRP service of the producer and then create the proxy portlet for the portlet that you want to consume. Follow these steps to do that
- Login into the consumer portal server and go to the portal administration console
- Inside the Portal Admin Console go to Portlet Management -> Web Services. You will see Web Services Configuration Portlet like this click on the New Producer button
- On the next screen it will ask you to configure a Producer, producer is nothing but URL pointing to services.wsdl file on the target portal server. I am pointing to same portal so i am using http://localhost:8080/wps/wsd/services.wsdl URL
- Click next on next 2 screen to finish configuration and adding new producer
- Once the connection is established its time to create actual proxy portlet. In the Portal Admin Console go to Portlet Management -> Web Modules screen. Now click on consume button
- On the next screen it will list out all the producers that you have configured. In my case i had only one "Local Portla Server" producer. So click on that link
- On the next screen it will display all the portlets that are published on Local server. In my case i have only one DijitTestPortlet so i selected it and said ok. This will create a local proxy to Dijit Portlet on my portal.
Once the proxy portlet is created you can use it as any other portlet on the consumer
Important Note You can use XMLAccess script to configure producer portal and create proxy portlets. It is useful in a situation when your producer portlet is down. The xmlaccess can still create local producer to it where as Admin portlet will check if the producer portlet is available on that URL if not it wont allow you to create producer for it. No matter how you configure it you need producer portal and portlet to be up and running in order to get WSRP working.