1. Export the SSL certificate from the trust store of your publish server's Web server (see the WebSphere Application Server InfoCenter for help using the keytool utility for importing and exporting SSL certificates).
2. Stop the authoring server.
3. Import the SSL certificate into the WebSphere Application Server trust store on the authoring server (by default, this is located at
4. Start the authoring server. The authoring server should be able to make SSL-encrypted HTTP connections and successfully publish data to the Personalization server.
Once the trust is enabled, you can change the URL of the run-time system that your using either in the Personalization Navigator Portlet or using pznload.sh command to use the https as protocol and correct port number.
If a Personalization server is configured to use a non-standard HTTPS port or context root, or if you see messages such as EJPVP20002E: The local publish service was not available when publishing from the authoring environment, the local publish servlet URL might be incorrect.
To specify the correct URL for the local publish server:
1. From the Portal Administration page, select Portlet Management > Portlets.
2. Locate the Personalization Navigator portlet in the list.
3. Click Configure portlet to configure the portlet.
4. Add a new portlet parameter whose name is pzn.publishServlet.url and specify the appropriate value.