- Disable the automatic file synchronization service from the Deployment Manager Administration consoel
- Stop the node agent on each of the node participating in the cluster.
- Perform maintenance on each node in turn starting with primary portal node by first gracefully quiescing user requests from each node by modifying the WebSphere Web Server plug-in load balancing weighting while remaining node or nodes in the cluster continue to honor user requests.
- The final steps is to synchronize and restart all of the nodes one at a time
- Re-enable automatic file synchronization service using Deployment manager administration console
Maintenance procedure for single cluster portal
In case of single cluster environment maintenance must be performed as a multi-step process, these are the steps