Key features of this architecture are:
- A single load balanced HTTP Server cluster (HTTP Cluster) that spans two or more
- A single WebShere Portal Server cluster (Portal Cluster) deployed in a single WebSphere Cell.
- The WebShere Portal Server cluster consists of two of more horizontal cluster members and any number of vertical cluster members per node (resources permitting).
- A dedicated stand-alone WebSphere Deployment Manager is responsible for the
management of the entire WebSphere Cell (Cell A).
- As the environment only consists of a single WebShere Portal Server cluster, only a single release database domain is required. The remaining database domains (communityusr, customizationusr, wmmusr, fdbkusr,lmdbusr, and jcr) are deployed alongside the release database domain. Note that the JCR Repository exists in a different database.
- The environment also hosts a LDAP directory server (not shown), which is highly
available, for maintaining the registered user base.