- Resources and variables scoped at the application level apply only to that application. Resources and variables are scoped at the application level by defining them in an enhanced EAR. They cannot be created from the WebSphere administrative tools, but can be viewed and modified (in the administrative console, navigate to the details page for the enterprise application and select Application scoped resources in the References section).
- Resources scoped at the server level apply only to that server. If a node and server combination is specified, the scope is set to that server. Shared libraries configured in an enhance EAR are automatically scoped at the server level.
- Resources scoped at the node level apply to all servers on the node.
- Resources scoped at the cluster level apply to all application servers in the cluster. New cluster members automatically have access to resources scoped at this level. If you do not have any clusters defined, you will not see this option.
- Resources scoped at the cell level apply to all nodes and servers in the cell.
The scope setting is available for all resource types, WebSphere variables,
shared libraries, and name space bindings