profileRegistry.xml file

Each profile you create is registered in a profile registry: <was_home>/properties/profileRegistry.xml


This is sample profileRegistry.xml file from my machine

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<profiles>
<profile isAReservationTicket="false" isDefault="true" name="Dmgr01" path="C:\Cert\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\Dmgr01" template="C:\Cert\WebSphere\AppServer\profileTemplates\cell\dmgr"/>
<profile isAReservationTicket="false" isDefault="false" name="AppSrv01" path="C:\Cert\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01" template="C:\Cert\WebSphere\AppServer\profileTemplates\cell\default"/>
</profiles>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sunil,

I installed Appserver6.1 successfully and created profiles dmgr01, Appsrv01 successfully. But I couldnt run any of manageprofiles commands at command prompt. I checked profileRegistry xml file, it showing up that the profiles were created. But when I double click the xml file, the content is not showing up in the browser even I allowed the blocked content. could you please mail me the reason?

Anonymous said...

Hi sunil,
sorry, thought i given email id.just post a comment I will check it out.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunil,

I am trying take backup of WAS v8.0.0.13 profile in linux server and below is the command that i was used for:

manageprofiles.sh -backupProfile -profileName  -backupFile 

By using that command, i am getting below error:

Return error code :INSTCONFFAILED

my profileRegistry is as same as you posted above.

Could you please provide me a solution for this. Thank you.