Assume that the application server is already installed, configured, and federated to the deployment manager cell. Perform the following tasks:
- Install the Web server on machine A.
- Install the Web server plug-in on machine A by performing the following steps:
- Select Local installation.
- Enter a name for the Web server definition. The default is webserver1.
- Select the location for the plug-in configuration file. By default, the file will be placed in the directory that contains the server's configuration. For example, when the name specified for the Web server definition in the previous step is webserver1, the default location for the plug-in file is:
During the installation, the following tasks are performed:
- The plug-in configuration file is created and placed in the location specified.
- The Web server configuration file is updated with the plug-in configuration, including the location of the plug-in configuration file.
- A script is generated to define the Web server and an unmanaged node to
WebSphere Application Server. The script is located in:
- At the end of the plug-in installation, you need to execute the script to define the Web server from the location the wizard stored it in on machine A. Make sure that the deployment manager is running on Machine B. The deployment manager configuration will be updated and propagated back to machine A at node synchronization.
The plug-in configuration file is generated automatically and propagated at the next node synchronization