The actions the command performs are:
- Connects to the deployment manager process. This is necessary for the file transfers performed to and from the deployment manager in order to add the node to the cell.
- Attempts to stop all running application servers on the node.
- Backs up the current stand-alone node configuration to the
- <profile_home>/config/backup/base/ directory
- Copies the stand-alone node configuration to a new cell structure that
matches the deployment manager structure at the cell level.
- Creates a new local config directory and definition (server.xml) for the node
- Creates entries (directories and files) in the master repository for the new
node’s managed servers, node agent, and application servers.
- Uses the FileTransfer service to copy files from the new node to the master
- Uploads applications to the cell only if the -includeapps option is specified
- Performs the first file synchronization for the new node. This pulls everything
down from the cell to the new node.
- Fixes the node’s setupCmdLine and wsadmin scripts to reflect the new cell
- Launches the node agent.