- You want to create a separate domain for replicating data stored in DynaCache at cluster level. It is recommended to use separate domain for replicating data stored in DynaCache and HttpSession Data. You can share same domain for HTTP session and Stateful session bean data replication
- You want to create domain at some other level i.e. cell level
Follow these steps to create replication domain manually
- Log into the WAS Admin Console and go to Environment -< Replication Domain
- You will get list of existing replication domains, so click on New button to start creating replication domain
- You should get a screen like this
Important Note: If you want to use this replication domain for replicating DynaCache domain, you must set the Number of replicas to Entire domain
Enter appropriate values for different settings
- Name:Specifies a name for the replication domain. The name must be unique within the cell.
- Request Timeout: Specifies how long a replication domain consumer waits when requesting information from another replication domain consumer before it gives up and assumes the information does not exist
- Encryption Type: Specifies the type of encryption to use when transferring replicated data to another area of the network. Select NONE if you don't want to use encryption, DES if you want to use data encryption standard, or 3DES if you want to use triple DES. The default is NONE. The DES and 3DES options encrypt data sent between application server processes (for example, session manager and dynamic caching). Encrypting data improves the security of the network that joins the processes. If you select DES or 3DES, after you click Apply or OK, a key for global data replication is generated. At regular intervals, for example once each month, you should navigate to this page in the administrative console and click Regenerate encryption key to regenerate this key. Periodically regenerating the key enhances security.
- Number of replicas: Specifies the number of replicas that are created for every entry or piece of data that is replicated in the replication domain.
- Single replica: When you select this option, every HTTP session is replicated to exactly one other application server. This is the default value.
- Entire domain:When you select this option, each object is replicated to every application server that is configured as a user of the replication domain.
- Specify: When you select this option, you must specify, in the Number of replicas field, the number of replicas that you want created for each HTTP session.